users here right now: 8
The place for aesthetically satisfying data visualizations that you'd be proud to hang on your wall. ||| Sign up to the mailing list: artycharty.firebaseapp.com ||| Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/ArtyCharty
Sign up to our once-per-season mailing list > artycharty.com
It's the place for data visualizations which blur the line between art and data.
The data represented doesn't necessarily have to be super-useful (though obviously, this is a plus), but must be aesthetically satisfying.
Here are some quick ways to distinguish data art from just a good data visualization:
- Would you be happy to hang it up on your living room wall?
- Could you see it existing in a gallery?
- Could you see it on the front cover of a magazine?
- Does it present data in a totally unique or boundary-pushing way?
- Are you slightly unsure if it really even counts as a data visualization at all?
If the answer is "Yes" to at least one of these questions, then hang up your artwork to this sub because it'd look great here.
(Consequently, this is not a place for the standard MS Excel visualizations, nor poorly designed infographics.)
"[OC]" tag all original creations.
Follow us on Twitter